This can be served as a tasty side dish, or a meal in itself if you add some cooked chicken or ground beef. 6 servings, which for us single people makes easy lunches too!
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the white rice, cream of mushroom soup, and vegetable broth. Blend in the onion, mushrooms, parsley, oregano, melted butter, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. If the rice is looking dry before it is tender, then pour in a little water and continue cooking until rice is tender.